Now that New York Fashion Week is over, it’s time to reflect, reevaluate and recuperate. My fellow editors and I dumped out the contents of our bags to document our Fashion Week experience, or at least what we remember that wasn’t wiped out by excessive drinking and turning. The contents of someone’s bag tells a lot about them.
Now that New York Fashion Week is over, it’s time to reflect, reevaluate and recuperate. My fellow editors and I dumped out the contents of our bags to document our Fashion Week experience, or at least what we remember that wasn’t wiped out by excessive drinking and turning.
The contents of someone’s bag tells a lot about them. And here at FashionIndie, our bags can’t keep their goddamn mouths shut.
Sam – Louis Vuitton backpack
Rebecca Minkoff mini wallet
Grey matte nail Polish
Gucci aviator sunglasses
Fashion GPS front row seat and after party drink tickets to L.A.M.B. and Ivana Helsinki
A fat pile of business cards
NYFW credential badge
Dollar bill from the VMAN Magazine party
Louise Manna body wrap jewelry
Moleskine mini notebook
Liquid black eyeliner
Maybelline lipgloss from the Tents
- My wallet is full of maxed out credit cards and a $5 bill, so sad.
- I keep vitamins with me in case I start to feel under the weather during fashion week.
- There’s nothing worse than when a nail breaks, so obvi a nail file is necessary.
- iPod, headphones, self-explanatory.
- Notebook and pen for notes and doodles.
- My Canon EOS 20D camera – I’ve been snapping photos all over town.
- My many keys
- Deck of cards from the Malan Breton show yesterday.
- My everyday beauty essentials – hairbrush, makeup brushes, Make Up For Ever Powder, Sephora eye shadow palette, Smith’s Rosebud Salve, Burt’s Bees, Benefit Bad Gal Liner, MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel, Sephora lip gloss and Maybelline Falsies mascara
- Hand sanitizer for public transportation horrors.
- The collection description sheet from the Son Jung Wan fall/winter 2011 show.
- Business cards from Fashion Week that must be filed away!
Lester – H&M tote
While typing up my list I realized I’m basically a woman. And am fine with that.
Interview mag with Tom Ford
Nail polish remover — for the 2 bottles of nail polish I got from Blogger Break Room
Duane Reade Cold & Sinus Relief — I crawled over the fashion finish line with a fever and god knows what else
T-Mobile crap since I “lost” my phone and had to get a replacement
Programs from various fashion shows, including Richie Rich and Kimberly Ovitz
Box o’ biz cards
Trial size deodorant, baby powder and lotion, should I spend yet another night on someone’s couch
Stain remover pen (LIFESAVER)
The Socializer under eye treatment
The First Wives Club– one of my fave movies so I decided to check out the book
Body oils (red Egyptian musk and Sandalwood)
Lanvin perfume, Arpege
Lollipop from Cocktails and Couture
Press pass from Diesel
Cough and eye drops
Mirabella eyeliner lip and cheek ink and
Compact — I got so much free make-up even though I don’t wear any of it. Now I have a reason to start.
Christian Siriano Payless pump Polaroid
Swiss Army knife should I ever need to cut a bitch
5. Several WWDs and Daily Front Rows. I do admit I love reading the Daily.
6. Tickets. Many. Some I’ve disposed of, some made it. Some standing, some seats. None actually with my name on it.
7. Various runs of show. Ones that have lingered in my bag: Timo Weiland, Anna Sui, Dennis Basso, Alexandre Herchcovitch.
8. ESSENTIAL: Blackberry. Can’t believe it took me this long to talk about it. Maybe because I’ve done so much damage on it that it actually just broke. Fashion Week broke my phone…. now…. iPhone?
9. Because that’s not an iPhone, that’s an iPod touch and it’s been keeping me cat walking myself from place to place.
10. Biggie camera. I spent 3 years, that’s 6 seasons in the PIT with this guy. Not this year. Now I just got to use it on celebs backstage, at presentations and the like.
11. WIRES. OMG. My bag was like a radio shack. Heaven forbid I should be without a charge.
12. Small purse. Vintage. Used it when I stashed the big lady mama at the after party coat checks.
13. Wallet. Duh.
14. Deck of cards? The last free gift to remain in this bag. They’re usually the first to go when I get home.
15. Voice recorder, which I ditched for my Blackberry video camera.
16. Pashmina – much lighter than a laptop case. I didn’t wear it, my MacBook did.
17. Vintage Korean flower cardi I wore yesterday. I took it off when the world got mild.
18. Urban Zen literature – got my reikis healed (?) in the AmEx Skybox. Still confused about the process, but I felt great after.
19. My handy dandy notebook. All of my show notes are in this little thing.
20. Napkin from Timo Weiland’s after party on which Paul Steiger (as in Walter‘s son) drew shoes for me. I’m going to the press sample sale today!
That is all that remains. I’m surprised I didn’t find at least 3 Frappacinos and a slew of Fijis, but I lightened my load as I went along.
I used the camera to take amazing photos all over NYC this Fashion Week.The Coke Zero is used solely for caffeine purposes but Lord knows I dont need any empty calories. I have two pairs of sunglasses to switch up my eyewear but maintain my air of mystery. The Marc Jacobs ones were gifted to me by stylist Robert Verdi as was the Kenneth Cole cologne, Reaction (the scent is fresh and young). Finally the latest copy of VMAN for the train and cab rides all over the city. And yes I still have the dollar that was in his mouth.
DOTS Wooden Bracelts
Forever 21 Sunglasses
Marc By Marc Jacobs aviators
Fashion Indie Vol 2 mixtape
Ray Ban glasses case
Josh – Laptop bag
3 $15 iTunes gift cards
Apple wireless mouse
Apple ear buds
3 Random pens
1 Show invitation
Small USB dog that humps computer
Sony voice recorder
See more here:
Anatomy of a Handbag